Who are Monkii?
We are a website design and development agency in the heart of Melbourne.
We specialise in large-scale sites, working with some of Australia’s most well loved names – institutions like Zoos Victoria, The Royal Melbourne Show, Visit Victoria, and The Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
We need someone with experience running UX activities, as well as a sharp eye for design.
The role would ideally suit someone with 3 or so years practical experience, and is a multi-faceted role that involves helping scope project requirements and identifying goals, conducting user research activities, and creating deliverables like user journeys, wireframes and visual design.
You’ll have to wear a few hats, but in return you’ll get to work on a wide variety of clients and projects, working collaboratively with an experienced team of designers and developers who are genuinely excited about delivering value to our clients.
What the job entails
- Assist in developing design strategies for new projects
- Engage and plan activities with client stakeholders to understand project requirements and business goals
- Plan and conduct user research activities – which may include testing, collaborative workshops, and interviews – to best identify users and clarify their needs
- Analysis of research resulting in the creation of reports, personas, user journeys and experience maps as necessary
- Participate in the creation of a UI deliverables such as user journeys, wireframes, visual design, information architecture, and prototypes
- Present and communicate insights and design work to both project team and client stakeholders
- Liaising with developers to communicate functionality and ensure a high quality of front-end development
- Work on multiple projects in a collaborative environment
Required experience and skills
- 3+ years of digital experience working on responsive websites, with a demonstrable portfolio of work
- Experience running and producing outputs for both UX research, and identifying business objectives
- Strong analytical skills, including observing and analysing research
- A problem solver, who can diplomatically question and push ideas
- Terrific facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
- A deep understanding of user interface design principles, design processes and usability
What you get
- A competitive remuneration package
- Career development – attending conferences, ongoing training and mentoring
- An interesting mix of work with well known brands and cultural organisations
- A relaxed, professional studio environment and a comfortable work / life balance
- A beautiful view over Fed Square
- A kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
One other thing
We are a well organised studio and believe in the importance of a work life balance. This is not an ‘Adland’ environment. Importantly:
- You will go home on time
- You won’t forget what your family / friends / pets look like
- You will work with a variety of clients and won’t get burnt out
- You will love working here!
This is a full-time position. If this sounds like your new job please email email@example.com with:
- A short introduction including a list of three favourite websites (and why you like them)
- Your Portfolio and a brief CV
Sound like you? Great! Do you have a dog? Bring them in too! We’ve got a couple, as well as a killer espresso machine, pool table, and all the accoutrements you’d expect from a digital agency. Most importantly, we believe in going home on time and not working our employees to death. This isn’t a typical ad-land studio, and maintaining a healthy work/life balance for our staff is important to us.
If you have any questions about the position or what it’s like to work at Monkii, please contact Matt Fenton on 03 9663 1029.
We are not seeking assistance from recruitment agencies regarding this role – thanks.