Our public environmental sustainability policy is outlined below:
Monkii supports, encourages and assists staff members to use the resources provided effectively in order to reduce our everyday environmental impact.
We are committed to reducing our overall environmental impact through the use of environmentally sustainable practices within the work place and our activities.
The commitment to reduce our overall environmental footprint will be met by:
- Understanding the environmental impact of our activities
- Making changes to the way we operate in order to reduce our impact where appropriate
- Ensuring all staff and contractors at Monkii are aware of our environmental policy, how they can contribute and the resources made available to them
- Educating staff on environmental issues and ways we can reduce impact
To be sure these outcomes are achieved, Monkii has provided staff and contractors with our environmental impact policy, outlining all procedures and resources Monkii utilises to ensure environmental goals are met.
As a challenge to ourselves, Monkii will endeavour to continually reduce its ecological footprint by annually by:
- Striving to minimise office waste
- Providing staff with appropriate resources to reduce overall environmental impact
- Monitoring impact and making the appropriate changes to ensure impact decreases
- Keeping ourselves informed and educated of new sustainability best practices
We aim to make changes each year in order to better our current ecological footprint.
A carbon neutral business
Monkii offsets all emissions generated by the impact of our business using a mix of Greenpower and Verified Carbon Standard offsets. Our carbon offsets are supplied by Climate Friendly and address the root cause of climate change by funding renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Our goal is to achieve formal government certification of carbon neutral business operations against the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS).